The University of Alabama System invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2017 UA System Scholars Institute, to be held May 15 and 16, 2017 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama at the University of Alabama Bryant Conference Center. We seek individual and group proposals for lecture, panel, hands-on, poster, and roundtable sessions related to technology in teaching, learning, and research.
Proposals should align with the institute theme, “Lessons Learned and Future Directions: Technology in Teaching, Research, and Service” and explore some aspect of technology’s role in teaching, research, and service. The planning committee is particularly interested in:
- Best practices for using new or existing technologies in teaching, research, or service
- Outcomes or the current state of projects and technologies discussed at previous Scholars Institutes
- Collaborations that cross disciplinary and institutional boundaries
- Research initiatives related to teaching and learning with technology
- Pedagogical and practical approaches to technology use in teaching, research, or service
Proposals must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. CST on March 24, 2017. Presenters will be notified no later than mid-April regarding the proposal status.
Please have the following when submitting a proposal:
- Proposal type (lecture, panel, hands-on, poster, roundtable)
- Lecture/presentation – One or more presenters deliver a traditional lecture in these “listen and learn”-style sessions.
- Panel – Panel sessions bring together two to four presenters to discuss perspectives on technology in teaching, research, and service.
- Hands-on/Workshop -Participants in hands-on sessions explore new resources and develop their skills through hands-on activities using their own devices.
- Round table – Roundtables are small, informal group discussions that give attendees the opportunity to exchange information, discuss best practices, and network with others around topics of common interest.
- Poster – Digital or paper poster sessions provide an opportunity for informal, interactive presentations.
- Suggested audience (beginner, intermediate, advanced, all levels)
- Proposal title
- Summary for agenda (100 words maximum)
- Abstract (300-500 words)
- Key points –3 points/objectives the audience will take away from the session
- Presenter(s) information (including biography, 100 words maximum) – four presenters maximum